SALISBURY’S three-day Big Business Event (SBBE) starts today with a packed programme of seminars, star speakers, networking and workshops.
The Salisbury Journal Jobs Fair is in the Guildhall Square all day and tonight, the World’s Greatest Living Explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE will be speaking.
Sir Ranulph who is the only man alive to have travelled the surface of the world’s polar axis, will share his sheer resilience and no-nonsense approach to creating and building his team in pursuit of the apparent impossible.
Asked about Salisbury Big Business Sir Ranulph said: “There is no bigger challenge than being in business and all the hurdles and uphill struggles that come with it. I hope by sharing my story of determination and team effort it will help the business community and wider general public. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the Salisbury event.”
Tickets to the event which is from 6pm to 8pm are £20 per person including wine, soft drinks and canapés.
A two-day Salisbury and Wiltshire Big Business Expo will take over the Market Place tomorrow and Thursday,and is a chance to network with local and regional businesses, make contacts and enjoy some special offers.
The Expo marquee will showcase over 90 exhibitors from the local, regional and national business world, alongside the FSB showcase marquee.
Sponsors for this year's SBBE include Salisbury City Council, Wiltshire Council, the Federation of Small Businesses, Salisbury Chamber of Commerce, Blue Frontier, Salisbury Journal, Salisbury Business Improvement District, Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership and Simon Rhodes.
Highlights over the next two days include:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26
- Day 2 starts with a networking breakfast opportunity in The Guildhall. Hosted by Salisbury City Council and Wiltshire Council, it runs from 7.45am – 9am.
- Meet the Buyer from 9.30am – 11.30am. Salisbury and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry offer an event set to inspire all types of business. The ‘Meet the Buyer’ event gives an opportunity to speak to decision makers and pitch for business opportunities. Spaces will be limited.
- Chamber 90 Minute Lunch, midday. Salisbury and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry host a 90 minute networking lunch. Lunch will be followed by a guest speaker who is Maria Miles - the Site Business Operations Manager, Airfield Services NTS at QinetiQ.
- Young Chamber 4.30pm – 6pm. The Young Chamber’s sixth free networking event, titled ‘Treating the Customer’ for young professionals aged 20-35 will take place in the Guildhall Courtroom. Special guest speaker, Richard Knight, will look at the skills and attitude for meeting and learning in a business environment, with a theme of looking after your customer.
- After Richard’s presentation, at 5pm, there will be an informal networking and ‘wine down’ session with NJAC cocktails. Anyone who cannot attend at 4.30pm is welcome to attend cocktail hour.
- This will be followed by the Big Business Event’s Food & Drink Social from 6pm to 8pm.
THURSDAY, APRIL 27
- Breakfast for Growing Businesses hosted by Inspire. The Guildhall, 7.45am to 9am. Join Inspire for some informal peer to peer networking and knowledge sharing over a light breakfast. Inspire is Wiltshire’s biggest business network; inspiring, advising and supporting enterprise across Swindon and Wiltshire.
- The Big BBQ Networking Event at the Guildhall and Guildhall Square from 6pm to 8pm. Food, drink and live music will be provided. Tickets cost £8 per person. You must purchase your ticket prior to the event.