If you have a story call our newsdesk on 01722 426511 or email us. To advertise call 01722 426500.
Man died of asbestos exposure
1:12pm Wednesday 30th January 2013 in News
A MAN has died from asbestos exposure, more than five decades after working as a building inspector.
John Tipping, 82, from Fordingbridge, worked in Hong Kong during the 1950s and 1960s, overseeing buildings being constructed and demolished.
Southampton Coroner's Court heard he developed mesothelioma last year as a result of “significant exposure” to asbestos during his working life.
He died at Fordingbridge Care Home on November 19, 2012.
Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death due to industrial disease.
Comments are closed on this article.