Netheravon shop badly damaged in fire

A SHOP in Netheravon was badly damaged when a fire broke out in a refrigerator yesterday.

Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service was called to the McColls convenience store in High Street at 4.51pm.

The shop was open when the fire started but staff and customers were evacuated safely by crews from Amesbury and Pewsey, with assistance from military firefighters based at Middle Wallop.

The premises were severely affected by smoke and there was significant fire damage.

Firefighters rescued two cats from a flat above the shop and the animals were given oxygen after breathing in smoke. The flat suffered some fire and smoke damage.

The British Red Cross fire and emergency support service from Hampshire attended the scene.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree