BEAUTIFUL blooms adorned St Boniface Church in Woodgreen at the weekend as the village held a flower festival as part of its centenary celebrations.
Community spirit filled the tiny parish church, which dates back to 1914 and was originally a reading room.
Local folk, clubs and businesses arranged the masses of the blooms into eye-catching arrangements, which adorned every nook and cranny.
While Hale is an ancient parish dating from medieval times, Woodgreen combined with Hale as a single parish in 1927.
In 1949, it was dedicated as a church in its own right with the name of St Boniface, and was extended to its present size in 1963.