A SMALL kitchen fire was extinguished at the White Horse Inn in Downton this morning (Thursday). 

Fire crews from Amesbury, Fordingbridge and Ringwood were called to the incident at the pub in The Borough, which was reported just before 9am. 

Everyone was out of the premises when firefighters arrived. 

One hose reel jet was used along with a thermal imaging camera to check the fire was fully out. 

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.

The incident was dealt with by 10am. 

A message posted on Facebook by the pub said: "We have had a fire in our kitchen this morning caused by a faulty piece of electrical equipment. The fire brigade arrived quickly, contained the fire and cleared the smoke.

"We are now on clean up duties but hope to be open for drinks this evening. Everyone is ok and a big thank you to everyone that has offered help and support."