CASH has been stolen from tills during a series of burglaries at shops and businesses in Fisherton Street.
The seven burglaries have happened overnight and in each case the till was targeted with varying amounts of cash stolen.
The latest happened last night (Wednesday) at Cactus Jacks.
Other raids included:
- Splash of Colour on Sunday night when intruders smashed a window and stole cash from a till
- Alice in Wonderland on April 21 when offenders forced the rear rear door and stole cash from the till
- Gullicks Florist on May 4 when an attempt was made to force the front door open
- The History Bookshop on May 4 when burglars forced the rear window and stole cash
- The Dragon Restaurant on May 4 when the rear door was forced and goods stolen
- Amigos Pizza on May 12 when a rear window was forced and cash stolen from the till
Significant damage has been caused by the offenders as they broke into each location.
Inspector Pete Sparrow of Salisbury Police said: "We are treating this as a series and a number of lines of enquiry are being followed including exploring any forensic opportunities. Patrols have been increased in the area and my staff are contacting local businesses to offer advice and assistance.
"Residents and businesses in the area can help us by reporting any suspicious activity they see straight away, if you see someone whose behaviour concerns you please call us.
"We would encourage all businesses, not just those in Fisherton Street, to review their security."
Crime Prevention Advice:
• Make sure your insurance is up-to-date
• Ask staff to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to police straight away
• Don't keep large amounts of cash on the premises overnight/out of business hours.
• Leave tills open and consider leaving lights on
• Train staff in relation to security locking / opening up procedures, cash handling.
• Fit alarms which are approved by your insurance company
• Consider installation of CCTV
• Ensure locks on doors and windows are fit for purpose and approved by your insurance company
• Register your assets, such as computers, tills for free on immobilise.com
Anyone with information can contact the Community Policing Team in Salisbury on 101 or call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.