A HUNDRED years of education at Salisbury’s Leehurst Swan School was celebrated by the unveiling of a plaque.
The school is this month marking a century of education at its site in Campbell Road, with the school officially opened by the Bishop of Clifton in on May 14, 1914.
A blue plaque, produced by Salisbury Civic Society was unveiled by outgoing Salisbury Mayor Penny Brown and Peter Dunbar of the Civic Society.
The ceremony was followed by a reception and the cutting of a centenary cake by Dorothy Roblou, one of the oldest members of the school’s alumni along with one of the youngest pupils from reception class.
The school was previously called La Retraite, before it merged with The Swan Prep School and was renamed Leehurst Swan in 2008.