John Glen will get back to you, survey says

John Glen will get back to you, survey says

John Glen will get back to you, survey says

First published in News by

SALISBURY constituents can feel reassured that their MP is one of the most responsive in the country, according to a new survey.

John Glen was ranked second in a survey conducted by WriteToThem.com, a non-campaigning website which provides a way for the public to contact their elected representatives even if they are not sure who they are.

In 2013, the site was used to send 103,965 messages, and two weeks after sending a message through the site users are asked whether they have received a response.

Mr Glen received 136 messages last year and 95 people answered the website’s follow-up survey. His high result puts him second in the league table for responsiveness, behind Caroline Nokes, MP for Romsey and Southampton North.

The national picture is less impressive. Across the UK, the figures show a worrying lack of responsiveness from MPs. Overall, they only responded to 56 per cent of mail sent to them through the site, compared with Mr Glen’s 95 per cent.

Myfanwy Nixon from mySociety, which runs WriteToThem, said: “Well done to John Glen – he has shown it’s possible to keep up with the hefty mailbag that comes with an MP’s position.

“The national figure does concern us. MPs are elected to represent us, help us and listen to our problems. While they have many duties, responding to their constituents should be given high priority.

“Poor performers may counter that they would love to respond to more mail if only they weren’t so busy, but I’m sure that Mr Glen is busy too.”

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:01pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Grampie says...

I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply Grampie
  • Score: 15

9:39am Thu 12 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
[quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under. karlmarx
  • Score: 20

1:16pm Thu 12 Jun 14

wave rider says...

What poppycock. I have e-mailed the chap and he has failed to return the posts. Maybe the questions were too challenging for him; Bless.
Anyway I know where my vote is going.
What poppycock. I have e-mailed the chap and he has failed to return the posts. Maybe the questions were too challenging for him; Bless. Anyway I know where my vote is going. wave rider
  • Score: 39

2:48pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Journal fan says...

May I recommend Writetothem.com. I used it and had a reply the very next day. I now have Mr. Glen's e- mail address which I used just a few days ago. He replied within 24 hours. You may not like what he says when he does reply but you can't knock his efficiency.
May I recommend Writetothem.com. I used it and had a reply the very next day. I now have Mr. Glen's e- mail address which I used just a few days ago. He replied within 24 hours. You may not like what he says when he does reply but you can't knock his efficiency. Journal fan
  • Score: 3

3:41pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Grampie says...

karlmarx wrote:
Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
I have got six negatives so far. Who are these people that post a negative, yet do not have the gumption to argue against, even under an assumed name like me.
[quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.[/p][/quote]I have got six negatives so far. Who are these people that post a negative, yet do not have the gumption to argue against, even under an assumed name like me. Grampie
  • Score: 18

7:17pm Thu 12 Jun 14

shaftesbury says...

I disagree with John Glen on almost everything politically. But in terms of responsiveness he has never so far failed to reply to correspondence or agree to a meeting at his surgery. Not that this means i am any more inclined to vote for him if course!
I disagree with John Glen on almost everything politically. But in terms of responsiveness he has never so far failed to reply to correspondence or agree to a meeting at his surgery. Not that this means i am any more inclined to vote for him if course! shaftesbury
  • Score: 5

7:25pm Fri 13 Jun 14

IanMcL says...

He always answers me, as did his predecessor.

It's his overlord Pickles that messes up our lives!
He always answers me, as did his predecessor. It's his overlord Pickles that messes up our lives! IanMcL
  • Score: 11

4:08am Sat 14 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

He does seem to fill out an awful lot of surveys himself, and gets paid handsomely for doing so.

http://www.theyworkf
oryou.com/mp/24839/j
ohn_glen/salisbury

I have always considered the title of this site which keeps track of MPs a bit strange 'they work for you', really? They all appear to do an awful lot of 'work' for themselves and, why not, the rewards are there for the taking and, they do.
He does seem to fill out an awful lot of surveys himself, and gets paid handsomely for doing so. http://www.theyworkf oryou.com/mp/24839/j ohn_glen/salisbury I have always considered the title of this site which keeps track of MPs a bit strange 'they work for you', really? They all appear to do an awful lot of 'work' for themselves and, why not, the rewards are there for the taking and, they do. karlmarx
  • Score: 31

8:51am Sat 14 Jun 14

gingin says...

John Glen has always answered emails from me.
John Glen has always answered emails from me. gingin
  • Score: 1

12:46am Sun 15 Jun 14

winterslow says...

karlmarx wrote:
Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority.

Just clearing that up.
[quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.[/p][/quote]The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority. Just clearing that up. winterslow
  • Score: -22

10:56am Mon 16 Jun 14

Grampie says...

winterslow wrote:
karlmarx wrote:
Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority.

Just clearing that up.
It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs
[quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.[/p][/quote]The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority. Just clearing that up.[/p][/quote]It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs Grampie
  • Score: 32

7:23pm Mon 16 Jun 14

winterslow says...

Grampie wrote:
winterslow wrote:
karlmarx wrote:
Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority.

Just clearing that up.
It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs
Yes, it's clearly a conspiracy. One person has set up multiple accounts purely to vote down your comments. That's how seriously they take you as a threat to civilised society.

Alternatively, enough people are bored with yours and Karl Marx's endlessly predictable comments to click on the thumbs down icon.

I'll judge the state of your mind by the option you choose to believe.
[quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.[/p][/quote]The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority. Just clearing that up.[/p][/quote]It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs[/p][/quote]Yes, it's clearly a conspiracy. One person has set up multiple accounts purely to vote down your comments. That's how seriously they take you as a threat to civilised society. Alternatively, enough people are bored with yours and Karl Marx's endlessly predictable comments to click on the thumbs down icon. I'll judge the state of your mind by the option you choose to believe. winterslow
  • Score: -29

12:16pm Tue 17 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

winterslow wrote:
Grampie wrote:
winterslow wrote:
karlmarx wrote:
Grampie wrote:
I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply
All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.
The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority.

Just clearing that up.
It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs
Yes, it's clearly a conspiracy. One person has set up multiple accounts purely to vote down your comments. That's how seriously they take you as a threat to civilised society.

Alternatively, enough people are bored with yours and Karl Marx's endlessly predictable comments to click on the thumbs down icon.

I'll judge the state of your mind by the option you choose to believe.
That's exactly how it is done, well spotted. If you check out the BBC have your say comments section it has already been widely accepted by regular contributors that this is the case. One of the trolls actually tweeted on his twitter account that this was happening and he is rewarded for doing so. Didn't say how though, maybe a tax break.
The negative voting without even trying to contribute to the debate always reminds me of the criminals last line of defence, no comment. Anyway, I'm sure this is the case as there can't really be that many evil people in Wiltshire who support the attacks and demonising of the weak and vulnerable in our society, can there?
Cue the plethora of 'no comment' negative voting.
[quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: I have posted several questions to Mr Glen on here, but he never bothered to reply[/p][/quote]All you will get are negative votes Gramps, the silent minority I guess. The sentence that begins 'MPs are elected to represent us' is the most hilarious. I certainly do not wish to have my character tainted by being 'represented' by someone who supports the most abhorrent evil regime the British people have ever had to suffer under.[/p][/quote]The fact that these comments have such an overwhelmingly negative score suggests it's a silent majority rather than minority. Just clearing that up.[/p][/quote]It would be nice to see the on line names of those who vote rather than suspect the few, probably one, who keep clicking the voting tabs[/p][/quote]Yes, it's clearly a conspiracy. One person has set up multiple accounts purely to vote down your comments. That's how seriously they take you as a threat to civilised society. Alternatively, enough people are bored with yours and Karl Marx's endlessly predictable comments to click on the thumbs down icon. I'll judge the state of your mind by the option you choose to believe.[/p][/quote]That's exactly how it is done, well spotted. If you check out the BBC have your say comments section it has already been widely accepted by regular contributors that this is the case. One of the trolls actually tweeted on his twitter account that this was happening and he is rewarded for doing so. Didn't say how though, maybe a tax break. The negative voting without even trying to contribute to the debate always reminds me of the criminals last line of defence, no comment. Anyway, I'm sure this is the case as there can't really be that many evil people in Wiltshire who support the attacks and demonising of the weak and vulnerable in our society, can there? Cue the plethora of 'no comment' negative voting. karlmarx
  • Score: 37

12:25pm Tue 17 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

Footnote:
I don't really see the logic behind voting negatively when facts, data and figures are published by reputable and reliable sources like the ONS, UNICEF, the UN etc...and used to evidence a point. Do these negative voters actually believe that they can alter the facts, data and figures by negative voting? Evidence doesn't vanish just because you want it to or because it gets in the way of a myth or lie.
Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes tale by Hans Christian Anderson !
Footnote: I don't really see the logic behind voting negatively when facts, data and figures are published by reputable and reliable sources like the ONS, UNICEF, the UN etc...and used to evidence a point. Do these negative voters actually believe that they can alter the facts, data and figures by negative voting? Evidence doesn't vanish just because you want it to or because it gets in the way of a myth or lie. Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes tale by Hans Christian Anderson ! karlmarx
  • Score: 41

12:32pm Tue 17 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

Back to the topic. It's quite fitting that the Right Honourable is nearly top of this survey after all, he himself has quite a lot of experience of filling out surveys as you can see on the humorously named website 'they work for you'
Really? By filling out surveys and being generously rewarded for doing so. Explain how that is 'working for you'.
Back to the topic. It's quite fitting that the Right Honourable is nearly top of this survey after all, he himself has quite a lot of experience of filling out surveys as you can see on the humorously named website 'they work for you' Really? By filling out surveys and being generously rewarded for doing so. Explain how that is 'working for you'. karlmarx
  • Score: 40

12:35pm Tue 17 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

karlmarx wrote:
Back to the topic. It's quite fitting that the Right Honourable is nearly top of this survey after all, he himself has quite a lot of experience of filling out surveys as you can see on the humorously named website 'they work for you'
Really? By filling out surveys and being generously rewarded for doing so. Explain how that is 'working for you'.
Apologies, I forgot to add 'cue negative voting in the hope that this will make this fact vanish'
Don't take my word for it, check out the humorously named website 'they work for you'.
[quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: Back to the topic. It's quite fitting that the Right Honourable is nearly top of this survey after all, he himself has quite a lot of experience of filling out surveys as you can see on the humorously named website 'they work for you' Really? By filling out surveys and being generously rewarded for doing so. Explain how that is 'working for you'.[/p][/quote]Apologies, I forgot to add 'cue negative voting in the hope that this will make this fact vanish' Don't take my word for it, check out the humorously named website 'they work for you'. karlmarx
  • Score: 39

5:18pm Tue 17 Jun 14

Grampie says...

Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines.

Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again.

I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious.

Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted.

They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes.

Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown.

Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives?

Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot.
Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines. Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again. I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious. Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted. They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes. Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown. Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives? Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot. Grampie
  • Score: 38

7:46pm Tue 17 Jun 14

winterslow says...

Grampie wrote:
Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines.

Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again.

I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious.

Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted.

They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes.

Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown.

Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives?

Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot.
I don't think people necessarily disagree with every opinion expressed by the two of you, rather the way that they're expressed.

Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across.

And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong, I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.
[quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines. Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again. I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious. Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted. They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes. Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown. Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives? Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot.[/p][/quote]I don't think people necessarily disagree with every opinion expressed by the two of you, rather the way that they're expressed. Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across. And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong, I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin. winterslow
  • Score: -39

9:17pm Tue 17 Jun 14

aldonreaper says...

winterslow wrote:
Grampie wrote:
Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines.

Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again.

I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious.

Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted.

They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes.

Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown.

Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives?

Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot.
I don't think people necessarily disagree with every opinion expressed by the two of you, rather the way that they're expressed.

Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across.

And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong, I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.
Beating someone round the head with a stick sounds familiar, ah yes its a tory action, anyone who disagrees with them will be abused one way or another. yes i got a reply from john regarding the fair fuel group and he disagreed with all the facts put forward, whilst saying he backed the campaign, now the government has admitted the facts were correct i suppose he may accept he was wrong but i doubt it but yes he did reply.be carefull lads dont go to London to peacefully demonstrate or a conservative water canon will be used to keep you cool in sunny weather.
[quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Grampie[/bold] wrote: Well said Winterslow, but we have to keep reminding people of the distortions behind the headlines. Boring, perhaps, but nevertheless, it has to be pointed out time and time again. I don't mind if people find my or Karl's comments boring or repetitious, because I find many of the comments and views by our elected representive as outragious. Conservatives have never cared about the conditions that the majority of people have to put up with and have always opposed things that we all take for granted. They wring their hands, say a few prayers then stab those less well off or are disadvantaged in the back. They always did and they always will, while they support the rich, private schools, old boys networks, foxhunting, privelige, and then they impose the bedroom tax on people's homes. Look who they are, Gove, Hunt, Ian Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, just for starters. Osborne was a towel folder, Cameron was a spin doctor. Boris is a very dangerous clown. Why would you support a bunch like that? Why shouildn't they be questioned about their policies and their motives? Trouble is the opposition does not present much faith either, but at least they are more concerned about ordinary people, than the present lot.[/p][/quote]I don't think people necessarily disagree with every opinion expressed by the two of you, rather the way that they're expressed. Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across. And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong, I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.[/p][/quote]Beating someone round the head with a stick sounds familiar, ah yes its a tory action, anyone who disagrees with them will be abused one way or another. yes i got a reply from john regarding the fair fuel group and he disagreed with all the facts put forward, whilst saying he backed the campaign, now the government has admitted the facts were correct i suppose he may accept he was wrong but i doubt it but yes he did reply.be carefull lads dont go to London to peacefully demonstrate or a conservative water canon will be used to keep you cool in sunny weather. aldonreaper
  • Score: 42

12:08am Wed 18 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

George Orwell

let's make sure they hear about them while we still have the opportunity. This regime is slowly chipping away at human rights and freedom of speech and eventually we will end up as a totalitarian state.

Example:
The gagging law
The Government Just Passed a ‘Gagging Law’ to Outlaw Critics Ahead of 2015 Elections.
The bill gagging charities, NGO’s, bloggers, community groups and most attempts at organised opposition to the government in the year prior to a general election…and just in time for the General Election next year.
When this regime are presented with evidence that contradicts their myths what do they do? They prevent the gathering of this evidence. take the Trussell trust for example...
The Independent reported claims yesterday that Chris Mould, the chairman of the Trussell Trust, was warned last March during a private conversation with an aide to Iain Duncan Smith that the “Government might try to shut you down” over its public campaigning on the plight of people unable to feed themselves or their families.

Just a month later, the DWP alterations to food-bank vouchers issued by jobcentres made it impossible to link referrals with problems in the benefits system. Previously, the form enabled groups such as the Trussell Trust to discover why the person had been referred under three categories: benefit delay, benefit change, or refusal of crisis loan.

But after the change – which was done without consultation with the food-bank charities – those boxes were removed. The effect was to remove data that could highlight whether impoverishment caused by welfare reform had increased.


A carbon copy of how a certain party in Germany in the 1930's rose to power, and look how that ended.

Disgraceful
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." George Orwell let's make sure they hear about them while we still have the opportunity. This regime is slowly chipping away at human rights and freedom of speech and eventually we will end up as a totalitarian state. Example: The gagging law The Government Just Passed a ‘Gagging Law’ to Outlaw Critics Ahead of 2015 Elections. The bill gagging charities, NGO’s, bloggers, community groups and most attempts at organised opposition to the government in the year prior to a general election…and just in time for the General Election next year. When this regime are presented with evidence that contradicts their myths what do they do? They prevent the gathering of this evidence. take the Trussell trust for example... The Independent reported claims yesterday that Chris Mould, the chairman of the Trussell Trust, was warned last March during a private conversation with an aide to Iain Duncan Smith that the “Government might try to shut you down” over its public campaigning on the plight of people unable to feed themselves or their families. Just a month later, the DWP alterations to food-bank vouchers issued by jobcentres made it impossible to link referrals with problems in the benefits system. Previously, the form enabled groups such as the Trussell Trust to discover why the person had been referred under three categories: benefit delay, benefit change, or refusal of crisis loan. But after the change – which was done without consultation with the food-bank charities – those boxes were removed. The effect was to remove data that could highlight whether impoverishment caused by welfare reform had increased. A carbon copy of how a certain party in Germany in the 1930's rose to power, and look how that ended. Disgraceful karlmarx
  • Score: 42

2:22am Wed 18 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

"Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across."

Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits?

"And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong"

The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts?


I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.

The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future.
"Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across." Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits? "And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong" The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts? I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin. The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future. karlmarx
  • Score: 36

3:08pm Wed 18 Jun 14

winterslow says...

karlmarx wrote:
"Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across."

Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits?

"And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong"

The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts?


I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.

The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future.
Oh my word, what could have happened?!?! My comment has received 38 negative votes since last night and yours has got 40 positives!!! I can only imagine that your approach to voting is something else that you have in common with Mr Putin!

Your approach to an argument is definitely reminiscent Putin and his fellow dictators. In short, "anyone who dares to disagree with me is wrong and I will do everything in my power to crush their dissent with my carefully chosen facts- failure to accept my opinion is a sign of weakness and must be eliminated"

And I apologise for my typo and my attempt to mimic the style of your karlmarx username by calling you vladimirputin. I promise to toe the party line in future comrade.
[quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: "Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across." Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits? "And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong" The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts? I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin. The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future.[/p][/quote]Oh my word, what could have happened?!?! My comment has received 38 negative votes since last night and yours has got 40 positives!!! I can only imagine that your approach to voting is something else that you have in common with Mr Putin! Your approach to an argument is definitely reminiscent Putin and his fellow dictators. In short, "anyone who dares to disagree with me is wrong and I will do everything in my power to crush their dissent with my carefully chosen facts- failure to accept my opinion is a sign of weakness and must be eliminated" And I apologise for my typo and my attempt to mimic the style of your karlmarx username by calling you vladimirputin. I promise to toe the party line in future comrade. winterslow
  • Score: 0

2:09am Thu 19 Jun 14

karlmarx says...

winterslow wrote:
karlmarx wrote:
"Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across."

Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits?

"And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong"

The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts?


I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin.

The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future.
Oh my word, what could have happened?!?! My comment has received 38 negative votes since last night and yours has got 40 positives!!! I can only imagine that your approach to voting is something else that you have in common with Mr Putin!

Your approach to an argument is definitely reminiscent Putin and his fellow dictators. In short, "anyone who dares to disagree with me is wrong and I will do everything in my power to crush their dissent with my carefully chosen facts- failure to accept my opinion is a sign of weakness and must be eliminated"

And I apologise for my typo and my attempt to mimic the style of your karlmarx username by calling you vladimirputin. I promise to toe the party line in future comrade.
And your total lack of any sort of argument or debate on the topic apart from sniping at and trying to discredit other people who post on these forums is also quite apparent. So you see the wisdom of the futile and puerile negative voting backed up by...well, nothing, has nothing at all to do with the debate, it works both ways, Karma.
[quote][p][bold]winterslow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]karlmarx[/bold] wrote: "Beating someone repeatedly around the head with a stick is rarely an effective way to get a message across." Yes, a certain female prime minster sent in the mounted police to do just that during the miners strike. She got the message across alright and it cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Also note the UK is running out of gas and oil fast and guess whose beating of miners heads led to the closure of most of our coal pits? "And with Karl's belief that he has a fact to defeat every argument and his inability to accept he could ever be wrong" The facts exist, you just have to get off your ar*e to uncover them. This regime does its best to conceal and distort the evidence but, it's still there. I could be wrong but what of all the reliable and reputable sources of information, are they also wrong? Or does ignoring them alter the facts? I'm just waiting for him to change his usernam to vladimirputin. The correct spelling is 'username' and it's Vladimir Putin, the guy whose country will be supplying you with gas in the very near future.[/p][/quote]Oh my word, what could have happened?!?! My comment has received 38 negative votes since last night and yours has got 40 positives!!! I can only imagine that your approach to voting is something else that you have in common with Mr Putin! Your approach to an argument is definitely reminiscent Putin and his fellow dictators. In short, "anyone who dares to disagree with me is wrong and I will do everything in my power to crush their dissent with my carefully chosen facts- failure to accept my opinion is a sign of weakness and must be eliminated" And I apologise for my typo and my attempt to mimic the style of your karlmarx username by calling you vladimirputin. I promise to toe the party line in future comrade.[/p][/quote]And your total lack of any sort of argument or debate on the topic apart from sniping at and trying to discredit other people who post on these forums is also quite apparent. So you see the wisdom of the futile and puerile negative voting backed up by...well, nothing, has nothing at all to do with the debate, it works both ways, Karma. karlmarx
  • Score: 0

7:00am Thu 19 Jun 14

winterslow says...

Zzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz winterslow
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree