Laverstock and Ford have maintained their 100% start to the 2017/18 campaign with an incredible fightback to claim all three points in a thriller at The Dell on Tuesday, as they come from 2-0 to win 4-2.

Laverstock started brightly with their usual high tempo play but it was the visitors who drew first blood, the dangerous Taylor Watts burst down the left flank before unleashing an unstoppable effort past Ageur to make it 0-1 on nine minutes.

The goal was surrounded in controversy as Lavvy players were furious a handball in the build up was not spotted.

Laverstock didn't allow the goal to dampen their mood and were soon back on the front foot, pressing their opposition, despite the amount of territory and half chances, Alton stood firm to the test.

On 40 minutes it was the visitors who found themselves two up, with only their second chance of the game, another rapid counter attack saw Watts effort sneak over the line despite the valiant efforts of Adam Bourner on the goal line.

The home side kept plugging away and with the last kick of the half, Max Allen burst through and smashed home to give his side a spring in their step at the interval.

Coming out in the second half, Laverstock were in relentless mood.

Right from the off, Lewis Wykes & James Clifton were causing havoc for the Alton back line. Wykes then suffered an injury forcing the change and with his first touch, Archie Lovegrove's clever header drew the sides level on 53, giving the home side the impetus to kick on.

The home side continued to charge forward and the moment of the game came in the 63 minute, Tom Mundy, not known for his goal scoring picked up the ball inside the Alton half, made his way inside before unleashing a barnstormer of a strike from 30 yards which moved left right left before clattering in off the upright sending the home fans into delirium.

Alton were clearly shaken so made changes to freshen things up and it nearly paid off, Watts picked up on Horton's mistake and just when it looked as though the equalizer was on, Alexis Ageur in the home goal pulled off a heroic save to keep his side in front.

With both sides still going toe to toe, Laverstock finally put the game to bed on 71 minutes, A Mundy's corner was met by skipper Graham Mankin who buried his header to ensure the three points went to the Salisbury side.

Co-manager's Liam McConnell and Rob Lakeman said following the result: "As far as quality goes, you won't see much better.

"It would have been a travesty had we not won that game.

"Some of the football we played was outstanding, and for the second time this season this group have come back from 2-0 down to not only win, but win in style.

"Everyone is really playing for each other at the moment and it was evident tonight. Alton are a very dangerous side so to stick together and fight like that was great to witness"

Laverstock and Ford's next fixture is against Knaphill in the FA Cup on Saturday, August 19, at the Dell.