Barlow's last year on X Factor?

Salisbury Journal: Gary Barlow was disappointed when his act was booted out Gary Barlow was disappointed when his act was booted out

Gary Barlow could be calling it quits after the current series of X Factor to concentrate on Take That, according to reports.

The head judge - who was left fuming when his act Carolynne Poole was controversially booted from the first live show last weekend - has apparently been in talks with his bandmates about a new album and potential stadium tour.

The Sun reports that Gary, Mark Owen, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Robbie Williams held meetings over the past week to discuss heading back to the studio. They are also said to be hopeful about a huge tour in 2014.

A source told the newspaper: "The events of the last week have really confirmed in Gary's mind that he needs to get back to what he loves best... Gary is going to give this series his all and then it will be full steam ahead for Take That."

Relations are said to be frosty between Gary and fellow judge Louis Walsh after Louis took the X Factor vote to deadlock on Sunday night, with the public vote saving Rylan Clark.

There have been suggestions that Gary - who stormed from his seat after the result - has threatened to quit if a similar situation arises in the future.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree