Guide price

  • Bedrooms: 2
Situated upon this quiet no through road with a pleasant outlook over surrounding farmland is this affordable two bedroom semi-detached shared-ownership home.

Owners' Comments

“I have lived in Broughton for just over 6 years and can honestly say it's the most friendly and welcoming village I have ever known. From the moment I moved in, neighbours introduced themselves, people stopped to say hello and I was invited to a welcome meeting where I met other new people and learnt about all the village has on offer. And it certainly does have a lot to offer, a shop, a doctor's surgery, café, pre-school, school, post office, 2 pubs, drama, art and, fitness groups, thriving sports and social club to name just a few of the village activities. My favourite part of living in Broughton has to be the variety and number of beautiful walks right from my doorstep and the enjoyment that watching deer, birds of prey and owls from my bedroom window. I will be very sad to leave the village and hope to return someday but for me it's time to move on. But I'm looking forward to one last New Year's Eve torch light parade to the village centre where people will gather to hear the bells ring in the New Year and sing Auld Lang syne. If village life is for you, then your find no better place than Broughton.”


Benefitting from generous gardens with parking for three vehicles on the drive, this well-proportioned home presents a modern fitted kitchen, dual aspect sitting/dining room with oil fired central heating. Situated within walking distance of village amenities including the school, choice of public houses, post office and village hall, the property offers an ideal starter home.


The UPVC front door leads to the entrance hallway with understairs cupboard. The sitting dining room is spacious, dual in aspect, with French doors to the garden whilst centred upon an attractive fireplace. The kitchen is well equipped and completed in a ‘shaker style' with a range of cream coloured cottage eye and base level units and complementary wooden work surfaces. Integrated appliances comprise a Neff four ring ceramic hob, Hotpoint electric oven, fridge and freezer with space for a dishwasher and washing machine.

On the first floor the landing features a large storage cupboard and airing cupboard with access to the loft. There are two well-proportioned bedrooms, with the master overlooking farmland to the rear, served by the bathroom. This comprises a panel enclosed bath with shower over, low level W/C and wash hand basin with vanity units and mirror and velux window offering light and ventilation.


The property is approached by a tarmacadam driveway providing a vehicular hard standing for three cars with a large lawn area to the front. A pedestrian side gate gives access to the generous rear garden which is mainly laid to lawn and screened by established hedging to the rear.


Within easy walking distance of the highly desirable village of Broughton and its valued amenities which include a village store, public houses, primary school, doctor's surgery, church and active village hall. The boutique town of Stockbridge is just 3 miles to the east. The area is renowned for its leisure pursuits with an abundance of adjacent footpaths leading directly onto the protected chalk downland.

Agent Note

The property is sold as a shared ownership as affordable housing with RHTL (Rural Housing Trust Ltd). The marketing price is for purchasing and owning 70% of the property with a rent payable for the remaining 30% equating to £161.50pcm. The property is double glazed and has oil fired central heating. The rateable value is Band A.

Guidelines for Applicants can be found here-


From Stockbridge, take the A30 towards Salisbury and turn left, signposted Broughton. Upon entering the village continue to the centre where there is a T junction with the public house facing you. Turn right into Queenwood Road and at the next junction turn right onto the Salisbury Road. Whiteshoot can be found on the right hand side after 400 metres.

Arrange viewing 01794 278128

Charles Powell

Suite 14d, Chatmohr Estate, Crawley Hill, West Wellow, Romsey, Hampshire

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email

Salisbury Journal