THE WHITES got back to winning ways last Saturday with a thrilling away victory in the Southern League Premier South.

Salisbury came out on top 4-3 at Hartley Wintney as the game swung both ways during the 90 minutes.

Despite losing two cup fixtures in three days, Salisbury remain unbeaten in eight games in the league as they stay in the play-off places.

The away side took the lead after just 11 minutes through Lewis Benson, after some excellent control and a back-heeled pass from Dan Fitchett, straight into the path of the winger.

The finish was low into the bottom corner.

It was not long before the Whites doubled their advantage, through a well worked free kick routine, and Benson was again involved.

He sent Jack Sparkes down the left-hand side, the loanee crossed to the far post and debutant Bouwe Bosma headed in.

The Row responded well and took control of the game once the second goal had gone in and replied quickly through Jack Ball on 24 minutes.

A corner by Josh Webb was sent back across goal and converted by Ball.

Just eight minutes later and Mitchell Parker had equalised for the Row, poking in from a goal mouth scramble.

The home side came flying out of the blocks in the second half but took the lead to a controversial goal after referee Dale Wootton failed to penalise an obvious foul on Sparkes inside the Hartley half.

Play continued, and Sal Abubakar crossed for Mickel Platt to complete the turn around.

The game was far from done, though, and Benson equalised on 56 minutes, with a curling free kick on the left-hand side going through everyone and into the far corner, the home goalkeeper not even moving.

With 15 minutes left to play, Salisbury regained the lead. Hartley were on the attack, and out of nothing, Dan Fitchett found himself in the clear and through on goal, benefitting from some indecision from the goalkeeper who could not decide whether to come out or stay on his line, and the striker calmly scored to secure the three points.

The win sees Salisbury sit in third place in the league, one point behind Met Police, and six behind leaders Taunton with two games in hand.

Their game tomorrow night at King's Langley has been postponed as a mark of respect to after the tragic passing of their number one fan and club sponsor, Matt Allcock.

Matt collapsed suddenly after attending their game at Weymouth on Saturday and could not be revived.

So the Whites next game is at home to Weymouth and then on Tuesday night leaders Taunton are in town.