FOR the second time in a week, Salisbury played their part in a seven-match thriller, but this time at a packed Ray Mac lost to play-off rivals Weymouth 4-3.

This moved the visitors above the Whites in the table and on balance, they deserved the win.

The Terras dominated the first half, and deservedly went 2-0 up.

The first came after 15 minutes, as the Dorset side’s chief danger man Brandon Goodship scored his 21st goal of the season, with an effort on the left hand side which went underneath Whites goalkeeper Jake Hallett.

Weymouth doubled their lead 11 minutes later with an excellent goal. Calvin Brooks, on the right hand side, laid it off for Joshua Wakefield on the right hand side, outside of the area.

The number eight then had as much time as he liked to stroke the ball across goal into the far corner.

Salisbury’s game had been full of mistakes in the first half and they rarely looked to threatened the Terras, other than a Danny Young header which narrowly went wide and a Tom Whelan effort blocked in the box.

The Whites made a much stronger start to the second half with several good chances and on 70 minutes were awarded a penalty after Whelan was barged over in the box. Substitute Luke Hopper stepped up and converted.

This set up a crazy final 15 minutes.

It took only six minutes for Weymouth to restore their two goal lead from Cameron Murray.

Then two goal mouth scrambles in two minutes on 78 and 80 minutes gave Aaron Dawson two goals which saw the Ray Mac’s record attendance of 1,224 for the season rocking and hoping for a push for a winner.

However, six minutes from time, Weymouth scored the winner as a mistake from Hallett gave Harry Baker a chance at an open net, an opportunity he did not give up.

Another penalty shout for the Whites came with the game coming to a close, but it was not given, and Weymouth took all three points back to Dorset.

This evening the Whites are at home to leaders Taunton.

Salisbury have made a new signing ahead of the game in 27-year-old defender Jon Beeden from National League South side Chippenham Town.