A FIRE spread from a plastic dustbin to the back door of a Fordingbridge home.

Fire crews from Fordingbridge and Ringwood attended the incident on Provost Street, which was reported to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service at around 4.15pm yesterday (Tuesday, July 28).

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "There was a fire in an external plastic dustbin which spread to the back door of a domestic property."

The door was damaged during the incident and there was "smoke logging throughout the property".

The fire was extinguished using a hose reel and a covering jet.

It was under control by around 4.35pm.