It's safe to say the weather has not been as good as we would have hoped in the past week, with clear, blue skies making way for clouds and occasional rain.

Unfortunately, more clouds and scattered showers are forecast for the upcoming bank holiday weekend - the first since outdoor hospitality reopened.

In Salisbury, we can still expect to enjoy some sunshine though it won't feel as warm as it did in the previous weeks.

Occasional showers are also likely, especially in the afternoon.

Below is your weather forecast for the next three days, according to the Met Office.

Saturday

Saturday will be mainly dry with sunny intervals and a small chance of rain between 1pm and 3pm.

Temperatures are expected to remain cool, with highs of just 11 degrees and lows of 2.

Sunday

There will be sunny intervals changing to cloudy by lunchtime.

Around 4pm, forecasters predict a 60 per cent chance of rain, dropping to 40 per cent by around 7pm.

It will again feel quite chilly with highs of 12 degrees.

Monday

Monday will be rather cloudy to start with.

Light rain, turning more heavy as the day progresses, is expected in the afternoon.

We'll see highs of 11 degrees.

Get more Salisbury news and nominate your local heroes for the South Wiltshire Hero Awards.

You can also like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date.

If you want online news with fewer ads, unlimited access and reader rewards - plus a chance to support our local journalism - find out more about registering or a digital subscription.

Email newsdesk@salisburyjournal.co.uk with your comments, pictures, letters and news stories.