FIREFIGHTERS in Salisbury were called out to a fire on the A36 involving a horsebox that had been converted into a gin bar. 

The incident on the A36 near Stoford was reported to Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service at 11.15am today (Friday, July 29).

The fire service says the fire was "out on arrival" and was caused by a "defective fridge".  

A Tweet from DWFRS said: "11:15 @DWFRSSalisbury crews attended a horsebox converted into a gin bar that was on fire on the A36 near Stoford.

"The fire was out on arrival, caused by a defective fridge. Crews checked for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera."