THE cause of the fire which "completely destroyed" an outbuilding at a pub has been revealed. 

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue has said the fire, which happened on December 27, was “started accidentally due to an electrical issue".  

Initial reports during the blaze revealed that the fire was concentrated in an outbuilding containing propane cylinders.

The outbuilding was completely destroyed during the incident but only five percent of the main building of the Victorian pub was affected.

The fire caused Castle Street in the City Centre to be closed to vehicle traffic for hours as firefighters from Salisbury, Verwood, Romsey, Fordingbridge and Southampton entered the building with breathing apparatuses to fight the blaze.

Neighbouring buildings were also evacuated.