A ROAD was closed as the fire service rushed to a house for a "false alarm" yesterday evening.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue was called to a house in Tournament Road at 5.58pm on Sunday, February 25.

Concerns were raised after the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarm inside the property had sounded.

Two fire crews from Salisbury attended and carried out a full inspection but found no problems.

The service recorded the incident as a "false alarm" and left the scene at 6.15pm.

Residents said the road was closed while the inspection took place.

A spokesperson for DWFRS said: "We were called to a property in Tournament Road, Salisbury at 5.58pm yesterday, February 25, after the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarm sounded.

"Two crews attended from Salisbury, and a full inspection was carried out, but no issue was found and the incident was recorded as a false alarm.

"Our stop was at 6.15pm."