SOUTH Wiltshire led the way in the world of motorsport this weekend, with the area's two foremost stars both topping the podium in their respective championships.

Alan Blencowe picked up his second victory of the current Seat Cupra Championship season.

He defied torrential rain and hazardous driving conditions at Oulton Park to pull off a series of brilliant overtaking manoeuvres and take the chequered flag almost two and a half seconds in front of the rest of the field.

Blencowe followed up with a solid fifth place finish in the second race of the weekend.

The first race started with drama, when the cars took to the starting grid in Cheshire, only for the heavens to open and the race to be declared wet, necessitating lightning tyre changes for all vehicles before racing could get under way.

With Fulvio Mussi making the best start and surging into the lead, the chasing pack had their work cut out to overtake in heavy rain and spray, which reduced visibility to virtually nil.

It was Blencowe's Triple R team-mate Tom Boardman who looked most committed to the chase early on, pressuring Mussi on every corner.

However, his race ended abruptly when he overstretched in the hazardous conditions, clipping the grass and spinning off into the tyre wall.

Starting from fourth place on the grid, Blencowe used all of his considerable experience, driving a patient, intelligent race and being content to pick off drivers one by one, whenever a clear opportunity presented itself, until he was right on Mussi's tail.

However, with a couple of yellow flag incidents slowing progress, the race was set to be cut short, leaving Blencowe with even less time to make his move.

Mussi continued to block brilliantly as the pair went side by side into Old Hall Corner.

But he opened up just enough room going into Cascades for the Tisbury driver to steal his thunder, surprising him by darting through on the inside. As well as a maximum points haul, Blen-cowe picked up a bonus point for turning in the fastest lap.

The Oulton Park results mean that Blencowe has moved into clear second place in the drivers' standings.

However, he was denied the opportunity to close the gap on runaway championship leader Jonathan Adam, when the high-flyer bounced back from defeat to win the second race of the weekend.

Meanwhile motorcycle racer Daryl Bolter also shone in atrocious conditions, winning the Welsh two-day Enduro in considerable style.

Continuous rain and deep ruts at the prestigious event proved too much for many of the 650 riders who lined up at the start.

But, despite being aboard one of the least powerful bikes in the race, Durrington-based Bolter showed supreme skill and fitness to storm into a lead, which lasted all the way to the finish.

Starting at number 555, Daryl was quick to stamp his authority on the event.

At the first long test on day one, he and his 125cc machine posted a time 16 seconds faster than anyone else.

Four-time world Enduro champion Paul Edmondson followed on his Suzuki 250; and Tom Sagar was a distant third aboard his KTM450.

The atrocious conditions and heavy mud were far from ideal for a little two-stroke bike, but Bolter battled on, showing his very best form.

He went on to claim the first day outright with a hefty winning margin of ten seconds.

Bolter managed to eke out a small advantage in the first test on day two, before completing the job in the final test of the endurance-based event.

It was the second time the rider had triumphed in Wales, having become the event's youngest ever outright winner back in 2004.

To top a triumphant weekend, Daryl also won his own E1 class and, together with Husqvarna team mates, Si Wakely and Chris Hockey, secured the manufacturers' trophy for Husqvarna, MPS Racing and Husky Sport.