Two emphatic wins set Farley up for a crucial final week of the season.

The first team travelled to Hythe and Dibden and found themselves in some trouble after electing to bat, slumping to 5-2 and 23-3 - all three victims to Gary Dyer. Andy Coveney initially stopped the rot with a steady 29 but at 76-5 at the halfway mark, Farley were still in the doledrums.

Geoff Ramsey, having made it safely back from hurricane-swept Barbados, then joined Jon Burton in a decisive partnership. The pair added 97 in just 15 overs, with Ramsey reaching his half century first off just 40 balls. He fell for 61 featuring three big sixes, but Burton continued to 58, with three maximums of his own before he was out with the score on 198. Last pair Sam Waters and Phil Owen thrashed and nurdled to see Farley to 219-9.

Hythe's innings also got off to a shaky start, tottering at 10-2 inside five overs. Andy Murkitt (31) led something of a recovery with a 45 run partnership before Ramsey struck with the ball. 55-3 quickly became 78-7 as Ramsey and Waters worked their way through the middle order claiming three scalps apiece before Phil Owen finished things off. Hythe were all out for 105, giving Farley 23 points ahead of the visit of high-flying Verwood.

Farley's second team played hosts to the veterans of Littleton and West Hill 2nds and found their visitors in obdurate mood. At the half way mark, Littleton had reached just 40-1 as skipper Steve Barrow dug in. John Waters sought to up the pace with some clean striking, and with five overs to go Littleton had reached a dangerous 127-1. But the returning Ed Stagg yorked Waters for a fine 60 and Farley claimed five further scalps as the visitors finished on 144-6. Barrow fell in the 40th for 46.

Keith Redding and Harry Jenkins began the Farley response in similarly watchful mood, but Jenkins soon adapted to the pace of the pitch and began to find the boundary with some elegant drives. The fifty was up in the fourteenth over, as Jenkins in particular began to accelerate against the change bowlers. The pair progressed with relative ease - the only real threats some occasional mix-ups between the wickets - and had made 90 at drinks, with Jenkins passed his half-century. The victory target was reached with ten overs to spare, courtesy of a wide that left Redding unbeaten on 49 and Jenkins on 85.

It lifted Farley out of the relegation zone but still needing to secure some points away at Calmore next week.