SALISBURY FC remain second and five points off the top spot despite losing to Larkhall Athletic 2-1 on Saturday, in front of the second highest crowd all season at the Ray Mac.

The Whites woeful home league form continued, and are now without a win at home in four league games.

Despite taking the lead through Stuart Green and dominating possession, the game turned when goal keeper Charlie Searle was sent off just before half time and was replaced by midfielder Sam Roberts.

But he was unable to keep out the Bath based side who scored in each half and take away all three points.

Salisbury started the game very well and were unlucky not to be 2-0 up after 15 minutes, but Green and Zack Kotwica flicks both grazed the bar and were cleared.

But the Whites did take the lead on 30 minutes, Lewis Benson whipped a great ball in from the right and Green got in front of his man at the near post to flick to the ball and give Salisbury a well deserved lead.

But just eight minutes later Salisbury were down to ten men, as Searle was sent off for a foul on Corey Simpson outside the area and was given a straight red card and given his marching orders.

Without a goal keeper on the bench, Roberts volunteered to go between the sticks and was put into action immediately, but saved from the free kick.

But five minutes later was at fault for Larkhall equaliser, as he couldn’t get his body behind the ball from a Simpson shot and the ball somehow found the back of the net.

The Whites continued to press in the second half and regain the lead, but with a man down found it difficult, but Green and Kotwica both had chances but failed to hit the target.

But it was the away side who took the lead, substitute George King, lobbed the stand- in keeper Roberts to make for a very tense last ten minutes.

Again the Whites pushed to get back in the game, but come up short as the game finished 2-1 to the visitors.

Salisbury will be looking to get back to winning ways in the league when they take on Cinderford Town on Saturday, but before this they will take on Swindon Supermarine in the Wiltshire Senior Cup on Tuesday evening.