SALISBURY FC ended their promotion winning season with an entertaining 3-2 victory away at Bristol Manor Farm.

Having sealed promotion last weekend, the team showed four changes with George Colson, Tom Whelan, Luke Hopper and Chris Shephard coming in for Josh Sommerton, Rhys Baggridge, Stuart Green and Owen Howe.

As has been the case in many of Salisbury’s games this season the action was quick to get underway.

After six minutes Cory Simpson, who had a brief spell with Salisbury earlier in the season, jinxed his way into the box and was bought down by Colson with referee Neil Pratt pointing to the spot.

Kye Holly stepped up and confidently dispatched his penalty past Charlie Searle.

Just two minutes later, Salisbury were level. Chris Shephard, making his first start since a long-term injury, played a lovely ball through for Zach Kotwica and he kept his composure to finish underneath home goalkeeper Ashley Clark.

Salisbury were next to threaten and after some good link up play involving Shephard, Luke Hopper and Lewis Ellington, Sam Roberts will have been disappointed to only put a weak shot straight at Clark.

The goalkeeper’s resulting long clearance was then allowed to bounce by the Salisbury defence and Troy Simpson nipped in to beat the on-rushing Searle to the ball and headed in to restore the home side's advantage.

Once again though Salisbury were quick to reply, Shephard again playing Kotwica in and the forward finishing well for his second goal of the game.

As half time approached Salisbury came close to taking the lead but Hopper was unlucky to see his shot deflected onto the post following a good turn in the box and then Kotwica was just unable to get on the end of another Shephard through ball.

Half time saw two changes for Salisbury with Lewis Benson and Stuart Green replacing Shephard and Eddie Perrett and Benson was soon in the thick of the action when his cross saw Kotwica flick the ball just over the bar.

Salisbury were looking the more likely to grab a goal and Colson’s 25-yard shot was well tipped over by Clark, before Searle was called into action at the other end to deny Cory Simpson.

Salisbury came again, and Green was unlucky when his shot from a tight angle hit the inside of the post before Hopper was just unable to reach Ellington’s cross.

Salisbury did get what proved to be the winner with 15 minutes remaining. This time it was Benson who fed Kotwica and the forward did the rest to complete a well-deserved hat-trick.

Manor Farm reacted well, and Searle twice had to be alert to deny Cory Simpson before Jamie Adams shot over.

This proved to be their final efforts to restore parity and although Green was twice unable to get his name on the scoresheet Salisbury held on for a fine win against a good side.

The season thus ends with Salisbury finishing a good second and achieving promotion up to the Southern League Premier Division.

Manager Steve Claridge can look back on a successful season and know that he has the nucleus of a squad that should be good enough to compete in the higher league next season.