A BLISTERING unbroken stand of 220 between Ramesh Gurung and Ian De Weymarn saw Farley race to a nine-wicket win in the Hampshire League County Division Four West derby game with Whiteparish, writes PAUL ROBERTS.

Coming together after Barney Orr had struck in the first over, the pair cruised past Parish’s 217-5 with almost 20 overs to spare.

Gurung was the more aggressive. His first two scoring shots were withering pulls for six – and it was the same shot that brought him his ton, off just 58 balls.

In between, he pounced on anything wide with merciless cuts and showcased clean straight hitting.

In total, he hit nine maximums and eighteen fours on his way to a dazzling 149.

De Weymarn looked equally at ease, stroking nine boundaries in his measured 51 not out.

It was an emphatic response following a below-par bowling performance, with the Farley attack struggling to hit their lengths as Parish’s Charles Steenkamp went on the offensive.

His run-a-ball 78 was ended when he chipped a catch to cover off Paul Roberts, the first of three quick wickets that slowed the run rate.

Richard Hamblin (50 not out) and Barney Orr rebuilt, watchfully at first as Gurung and Roberts built some pressure, but they accelerated in the final overs.

Orr was run out for 47, but the stand of 80 had given Parish a total that appeared respectable.

Gurung, however, had other ideas and in the week that his homeland of Nepal played their first one-day international, it was fitting that he had the final say.

Farley’s second team had finally found an 11th man on the morning of the game – a less than ideal start against table-topping Dinton.

But in a much improved performance, they held some good catches to restrict the free-scoring Dinton line-up to 212-7.

Harry Jenkins ensnared the prolific Ben Coombes for 52, while Craig Burrows picked up 2-33 and Matthew Wood 2-48.

Tight Dinton bowling ensured Farley were never in the hunt making 134-7.

Anthony Warley top scored with 31 with Mike Scrase unbeaten on 21 at the end.