Salisbury FC started life in the Southern League Premier South with an away point at fellow promoted side Beaconsfield Town.

Having bought in a number of new players in the summer Steve Claridge named a side with defender Matt Partridge the only man to make his debut with a number of players carrying slight knocks.

Salisbury started brightly and could have taken the lead within 90 seconds but Chris Shephard could only put a weak effort straight at home goalkeeper Ravan Constable after Luke Hopper had crossed the ball to him in the area.

The home side's first chance arrived two minutes later, when Jerome Ecclestone headed a free-kick over the bar.

The Hopper and Shephard partnership combined to good effect again but the latter’s shot was blocked for a corner, before Aaron Dawson’s shot suffered the same fate following more good work by Shephard and Hopper.

Beaconsfield were next to threaten, and in a carbon copy Ecclestone was again off target with his headed chance, which proved to be their last opportunity of an entertaining first half.

Hopper and Jake Wannell both had chance to open the scoring before Salisbury took a deserved lead on the half hour mark.

Shephard swung in a free-kick and Hopper rose well to power a header into the net giving Constable no chance.

Salisbury continued to see plenty of the ball and fashioned a couple of half chances before on the stroke of half time Lewis Benson turned and his goalward shot seemed to catch Constable unaware before nestling in the back of the net.

A very satisfactory first half for the Whites who will have enjoyed half time with a two goal cushion.

Beaconsfield had obviously received some stern words at half time and they came out looking a different team in the second half.

Salisbury goalkeeper Charlie Searle had been largely a spectator for the first half but he was well up to the task making a fine stop from Bajram Pashaj’s well struck free-kick.

Beaconsfield were starting to look dangerous and it was no surprise when they pulled a goal back after 69 minutes with Ecclestone powering a header past Searle following Charlie Losasso’s cross from the right.

Salisbury were struggling to fashion any real chances in the second half and an off target Wannell header was the best they could do.

There was starting to be a sense of inevitability that the home side would find an equaliser and it duly arrived after 80 minutes.

Following a goal mouth scramble Searle was adjudged to have bought down an attacker and a penalty was awarded.

Lossaso stepped up and confidently dispatched his spot kick into the back of the net.

That was it for goal mouth action although if any team looked more likely to find a winner it would have been Beaconsfield.

A point away from home is no bad result but having been in control at half time it certainly will feel like two points dropped rather than one point gained for Steve Claridge's men.

The Whites start their home league campaign when they welcome Poole Town to the Ray Mac stadium tomorrow night (7:45pm), before another local derby with Dorchester Town on Saturday.

Salisbury: Searle, Colson, Wheeler, Roberts, Partridge, Wannell, Benson, Dawson, Hopper(sub Fitchitt), Shephard (sub Kotwica), Young(sub Barker). Unused subs: Haysham and Sommerton