SALISBURY FC will travel to Yate tomorrow night for an FA Cup replay after a 1-1 draw at the Ray Mac on Saturday.

With Yate a division below in the Division One South, and a team they beat home and away last season, this was a game the Whites should have won.

Salisbury dominated most of the game and had good chances throughout.

On 22 minutes, a free-kick just outside the area taken by Lewis Benson forced a good diving save by Bluebells goalkeeper Ross Grimshaw, and a few minutes later Matt Partridge also missed a free header inside the six yard box from a corner, which should have put his side in front.

On 42 minutes, they finally made the breakthrough, with Benson putting a good ball through for Danny Young, who produced an excellent finish to open the scoring.

The celebrations did not last long, with Yate immediately responding in the 43rd minute with an excellent first-time volley from David Sims-Burgess, low across the goalkeeper’s right.

With early chances for both teams in the second half, Salisbury had plenty of chances to retake the lead, including Fitchett hitting the post and then drawing a save with the rebound after a cross from Josh Sommerton.

Danny Young also had a fantastic opportunity to double his scoring tally and put Salisbury back in front, when he found himself one on one with the goalkeeper inside the box, only to slide his effort wide.

After the game, Salisbury manager Steve Claridge said: “I don’t quite know what to say about that. I don’t think we played with the intensity I expected, although we were better in the second half.

“We’ve had chances and should have won the game. We know all that, but we’re not getting the breaks.

“We had four or five players whose performances raised more questions than provided answers, and that has been a figment of the squad at times.

“We didn’t work hard enough in the first half. We have to address those issues, and players have to do a bit more if they want to stay in the side.”

The winners of tomorrow night's replay will be away at Weston-super-Mare in the next round.