LAVERSTOCK and Ford were unable to make ground on the league leaders Hythe and Dibden as they lost 4-0.

However, Lavvy left Claypit Lane disappointed not to have taken something from the game as the home side scored three times in the last six minutes.

In a tight first half, Laverstock kept the home side frustrated with their tight formation and Adam Bourner almost opened the scoring with a thunderous drive whistling just past the upright.

Archie Lovegrove then had the best chance for the visitors, his 35 yard free-kick was brilliantly tipped onto the bar by Ellis Grant in the home goal.

Despite the pressure Hythe were under, they scored with their first attack, Bengyelou Ngwa was given enough time to turn on the edge of the box and found the top corner with his effort on 31 minutes.

The second half was much of the same as the first, Laverstock harrying the home side and Chae Sykes saw his first effort go wide, then when Lovegrove arrived late to drive a pull back from Sykes it took a great reflex save from Grant to keep the ball out.

More pressure continued from Lavvy with more chances and when Sykes brilliant effort was somehow clawed away by the 6ft 5in Grant, the visitors were left wandering what they needed to do.

With time running out, a long clearance from Grant was not dealt with and Matt Smith arrived late to release the tension for the home side with their second on 84 minutes.

More misery was to follow for the visitors, sub Terzidis Filippos tapped home from close range on 87 minutes.

Hythe added a fourth from Sam Woodward a minute into added on time.

After the match manager Liam McConnell said, "All people will remember will be the score line but to have a dressing room devastated by the fact they couldn't take something from the game tells you perhaps a truer picture of the 90 minutes.

"It's the second week in a row where the opposing goalkeeper has been named man of the match.

He added: "We have seen some great saves again today. We just couldn't beat him, we only have ourselves to blame we weren't able to take the chances we created through out handwork and effort.

"The lads discipline with an adjusted formation was spot on and right up until they scored their late 2nd their was belief all around Claypits Lane that our pressure would be rewarded. In the end, they celebrated like they had won the league, perhaps a testament to our lads for what should have been a far better result than we got."

Lavvy are next in action tomorrow night at Downton in the Wiltshire Senior Cup.

Their next league game is on Saturday when they are away at Fawley.