SALISBURY FC moved into the play-off spots in the Southern League Premier South on Tuesday night after a excellent 2-0 victory over high flying Merthyr Town.

This was the Whites third league win on trot following on from two 4-1 wins away from home at Gosport and Chesham

Salisbury will look to continue their excellent run of recent form when they travel to Farnborough on Saturday, before entertaining Tiverton at the Ray Mac on Tuesday night.

The Whites will be without goalkeeper Jake Hallett for Saturday, as he is banned for his red card in last Saturday’s win at Chesham.

Defender Matt Partridge is also likely to be ruled out for both games after suffering a hamstring injury in Tuesday night's win over Merthyr.

Looking ahead to the next two games Salisbury boss Steve Claridge said: "It is shame to lose Jake as we are decent run now. He was outstanding against Merthyr. They were the best side we have faced so far and will definitely be in the play-offs.

"We have now got ourselves into the play-offs and want to stay there.

"Farnborough are a strange team when you look at their results and we know Tiverton will be a test as they are another one of the top teams in this league."

"We have to find a goalkeeper which is proving difficult at the moment, but otherwise we have a good squad available for both games. We have cover at centre-half for Matt."

On Tuesday night, Salisbury took a major scalp in the Premier South as they beat high flying Merthyr 2-0

Danny Young made his 100th appearance for the club in the game and he provided the assist for the opener goal which came from Lewis Benson after five minutes.

On the half hour mark, Salisbury’s injury jinx struck again as defender Matt Partridge had to be replaced by Kane O’Keefe.

Then just 10 minutes after the break, the Welsh side’s hopes of getting anything out of the game was dealt a bitter blow.

This was after Kerry Morgan was sent-off for a bad tackle on Bay Downing.

On 68 minutes, Chris Shephard saw his shot hit the post and then six minutes later, Hallett produced a great finger tip save as he tipped over Ian Traylor’s 25-yard free-kick.

With five minutes left, the visitors were reduced to nine men as Kyle Patten was the second Merthyr player to see red, as he picked up a second yellow card and also conceded a penalty.

Dan Fitchett make no mistake from the spot to make sure of the 2-0 which moved Salisbury up to fourth.