SALISBURY FC will look to get back to winning ways in the Southern Premier League South at home this Saturday, after only picking up one point from their last three outings, against some of the top teams in the division.

After losing to then leaders Weymouth 2-1 on November, they then went down 4-3 at new top dogs Taunton last Wednesday.

This after leading 3-2 going into added on time in Somerset.

They then returned home to the Ray Mac on Saturday and faced a very good Met Police side and came back to draw the game 1-1, as Zach Kotwica scored the Whites equaliser.

The result left Salisbury in third spot in the league two points behind Weymouth in second spot having played two more games.

They are also seven points adrift of leaders Taunton who have 38 points and like the Whites from played 17 games.

There are plenty of teams chasing Salisbury and another loss could see them drop out of the play-off places this weekend.

Hendon are fourth level with the Whites have 31 points from 17 games, Martyr are fifth with 28 points from 16 games, Harrow have 27 points from 15 games, Beaconsfield 27 points from 16 games and Met Police are seventh with 26 points from 14 games, so they could well get into the play-off mix soon.

This Saturday Salisbury face a visit from former Southern League Division One rivals Wimborne Town, who like the Whites were promoted into the Premier this season.

the Dorset are currently 15th in the table four points above the drop zone having picked up 19 points from 17 games having won six times and drawn just once.

Manager Steve Claridge said: “We had the chance to go top of the league, but instead we are now seven points behind the leaders. So we have to get back on track quickly. We looked tired and leggy against Met Police so I hope not having a mid-week game this week will have helped us.”

Salisbury will be minus Bay Downing for the visit of Wimborne as the defender broke his ankle against Met Police and will not be back until February.

The games are now coming thick and fast for the Whites and on Tuesday night, they take on National League South side Chippenham in the Wiltshire Senior Cup.

then a week on Saturday, Salisbury will host Braintree of the National League in the first round proper of the FA Trophy.

Claridge said: "I will be looking to bring in some of the youngsters for this game and I am sure they will do the same. We have to look at the bigger picture and we have a big game on the Saturday after this game."

Last Saturday, Salisbury drew 1-1 with Metropolitan Police at the Ray Mac.

The draw was probably a fair result against a team who are only five points behind the Whites in the table, with three games in hand.

Salisbury went behind in the game after just five minutes, something which is becoming an all-too familiar sight this season, as the away side scored with their shot of the game.

Josh Sommerton was easily beaten for pace on the right-hand side by the Met’s winger Jonathan Hippolyte, who got in behind.

The ball dropped to Ethan Chislett unmarked on the edge of the box and he made no mistake in placing the ball in the bottom corner.

The visiting Met Police could’ve doubled their lead almost immediately, with a free header just going narrowly wide.

An absolutely sensational goal equalled the scores for the Whites after just six minutes.

Wonderful solo work from Tom Whelan in the middle of the park allowed him to thread a ball through the middle of the defence for Downing on the right-hand side, who timed his run to perfection.

From there, Bay Downing squared to Zach Kotwica, who tapped in first time from inside the box to level the game at 1-1.

Salisbury have made a habit of turning games around at home, but the Met, who made the first round of the FA Cup this season, were not going to roll over and accept defeat.

They played good football, with good fluid movement and a well-disciplined shape, passing and moving well between the lines.

The Whites did have periods of pressure and possession, and did have opportunities to take the lead, including a counter-attack with five minutes left to play, only for Lewis Benson to send in a poor cross.

The Whites were often restricted to playing long balls throughout the match, which did not trouble the Met defence too much.

The game was marred for the Whites by a significant injury to Downing just before the hour mark, who had to be carried off the field.