WILTSHIRE will have to beat Dorset twice in back-to-back T20 games on Sunday at South Wilts on Sunday to make the finals, writes ROY HONEYBONE.

The first game at the Bemerton ground is at 11am and second at 2.30pm.

Last weekend, four South Wilts players Tom Morton, Arthur Godsal, Luke Evans and Will Harries were in T20 action for Wiltshire against Wales at Warminster and the all four are in the squad for this weekend's showdown.

Wales won the toss and elected to bat and it looked like a good idea as Tom Bevan 89, and Joseph Voke 35 put on 140 for the first wicket with Bevan being particularly aggressive hitting nine fours and seven sixes in his quickfire 35 ball innings.

However, Tom Grant, in for the injured Jake Goodwin, soon put a stop to that as he had both openers caught in the same over eventually finishing with 3-17. Morton taking the catch for the Bevan wicket.

With the openers both gone Wales fell apart and lost all ten wickets for a paltry 37 runs to close on 177 all out.

Joe King finished with 3-14 and skipper Ed Young 3-33 with Jake Lintott picking up the extra wicket.

In response Wiltshire showed their own aggressive tendencies with the bat.

Jake Lintott led the way with a belligerent 75 from just 44 balls (four fours, three sixes), but unlike Wales he found better support from Jack Haines 21, Young 18, Brad Dawson 17 and Morton 14 as Wiltshire chased down the Welsh target scoring 181-6 with nine balls to spare.

A rain delayed start to the second game saw the game reduced to 17 overs per side.

Wales again won the toss and again elected to bat. Different game, different story

Wales would have been hoping for a repeat performance as the Welsh team looked on in despair as first Bevan (2) and then Voke (1) were gone in the first two overs.

Bevan miscued a shot from Arthur Godsal’s bowling (1-9) which fell into the grateful hands of skipper Ed Young and then Tahir Afridi (2-19) struck with his very first ball to snare Voke caught by wicketkeeper Tom Morton.

Only skipper Sam Pearce 25 offered any resistance before he was bowled by Ed Young (3-15).

Wickets fell with regularity as Wales limped to 61-8 from 12 overs. The last wicket to fall saw a splendid running catch in the deep from debutant Harries to give Joe King (1-3).

The other wicket fell to an excellent run out by Jack Haines.

Sadly, it was not just the wickets that were falling, but raindrops too.

The umpires persevered for as long as they could, but eventually had to bring the players off before the persistent rain eventually caused the game to be abandoned.