THE long awaited victory duly arrived for Salisbury RFC in a performance which cheered the large and vociferous crowd, as they beat visiting Windsor 33-31 in a South West One East thriller.

From the off the home side tore into Windsor blending a hard edge with subtle attacking and when the visitors infringed Robbie Keith kicked the penalty to give them a 3-0 lead.

With barely five minutes on the clock Salisbury came again and Dave Tonge threaded a delightful chip through for Christian Metson to win the foot race and the try.

Keith adding the conversion.

Windsor were not going to lie down and scored a good try for themselves.

Salisbury hit back as Tonge sent Rory MacTaggart racing for the line and a score.

Once again Keith added the conversion.

The home side failed to stretch their lead through penalties and on the half hour the visitors’ spritely wing pulled a score back.

However, the home side were not finished before the break and Keith added two more finely struck penalties as Salisbury ended the half leading 23-12.

After the interval, MacTaggart switched to scrum half as Salisbury fought tooth and nail to hang on to victory.

Keith then added to his points with the boot as he further stretched the home side's lead.

His fine run saw him leave the Windsor defence flat footed and he when over for the first try of the second half.

With the game into its final quarter Max Bishop picked a fine line to take a pass and burst through the visiting defence for the bonus point try.

This sent the home crowd into a state of delirium not yet experienced this season.

Windsor replied as they scored again with 10 minutes remaining.

Salisbury began to look a little ragged as nerves played their part.

Five minutes into injury time the visitors’ added another converted try.

Then with everyone bar the referee astonished that the match was still in progress, kicked deep into home territory.

The city side failed to clear and a penalty was awarded. Windsor secured the ensuing line out and drove at the home line before crashing over with ten minutes of injury time played to secure two bonus points.

Salisbury were delighted with their well deserved victory despite the farcical end to the game.

This Saturday, they visit Sherborne and will hope to carry this winning habit on.