SALISBURY were stung by two stoppage-time goals as they were forced to settle for a point against struggling Hendon.

Strikes from Brandon Goodship, Calvin Brooks and Dan Fitchett looked to have secured the victory for the Whites, only for the visitors to roar back and snatch a 3-3 draw.

Brian Dutton made two changes to his starting XI from the win at Harrow Borough, with Marvin Brooks and Goodship returning from injury, in place of Sam Roberts and Devon Arnold.

Hendon keeper Marcin Brzozowski was busy early on, before the visitors took a surprise lead.

Rohodell Gordon picked out Solomon Sambou, who drilled low past Gerard Benfield.

Marvin and Calvin Brooks then both headed over, before scores were levelled by half-time. Dinesh Gillela found Fitchett, who teed up Goodship to tuck home.

Salisbury started the second half strongly, with Marvin Brooks heading wide from a good position after a searching pass from Josh Carmichael.

Benfield then denied Guri Demuria at the other end, before the Whites took the lead just past the hour mark. Calvin Brooks bundled home after Lucas Tomlinson’s free-kick fell to him in the box.

Seven minutes later, it was 3-1. Marvin Brooks won a header in midfield, allowing Josh Wakefield to feed it through for Fitchett, who beat Brzozowski to the ball and finished well.

It looked as though Dutton’s charges would close out a comfortable win, even when Joe White netted in stoppage time.

But there was time for a dramatic twist, as Demuria then slid an effort beyond Benfield to earn Hendon a point which took them to third from bottom of Southern League Premier South.

Salisbury are sixth, just outside the play-off places.

The Whites go to Beaconsfield in the league on Saturday (3pm).

  • On Tuesday night, Salisbury came from behind to progress through to the quarter-finals of the Wiltshire Premier Shield.

Dutton’s charges trailed Hellenic Premier side Corsham Town 1-0 at half-time at the Ray Mac to a Callum Demkiv strike, matters made worse by Nassim Kherbouche forced off through injury.

But Salisbury improved after the restart following the introduction of some first-team regulars, including Goodship, who equalised on 52 minutes.

Goodship struck again just past the hour mark, from the penalty spot, before the 3-1 win was sealed when Arnold headed home.

Salisbury progress through to face Highworth Town away from home in the last eight, with the game scheduled for January 10.

The rest of the quarter-final line-up sees Chippenham Town hosting Swindon Town, Swindon Supermarine going to Westbury United and Laverstock & Ford on the road at Melksham Town.