A SECOND-HALF goal from Brandon Goodship proved not enough as Salisbury saw their unbeaten run ended with a 2-1 defeat at Beaconsfield Town.

Defeat left the Whites seventh in Southern League Premier South, with 30 points from 22 league games.

Having made just one change to his starting line-up, boss Brian Dutton saw his side make a quick start to the encounter.

Former Weymouth man Goodship forced a fine stop from R’Aven Constable in the home goal after the Whites had won back the ball in midfield.

Beaconsfield fashioned their first chances midway through the opening half. After a corner was headed over the bar – Keano Robinson went close.

Salisbury stopper Gerard Benfield then had to be on his guard to save from Tobias Little, following a break from the home side.

Benfield then produced some more heroics to keep the game goalless heading into the interval. After Sam Roberts fouled his man inside the box, the referee pointed to the penalty spot.

Up stepped Little, who failed to beat Benfield from 12 yards after the towering stopper flew to his right.

Marvin Brooks spurned an opportunity for the Whites from an acute angle early in the second half, after taking the ball past keeper Constable.

And those missed opportunities came to hurt the Whites as they fell behind after 62 minutes. After Benfield again denied Little, Nathan Minhas was on hand to tuck the ball home and draw first blood for The Rams.

But back came Salisbury with a leveller through Goodship two minutes later. Dan Fitchett surged forward and teed up the ball for the striker, who smashed the ball into the roof of the net to make it 1-1.

Beaconsfield did however find their winner with 74 minutes on the clock. Following another foul in the Salisbury box, this time the hosts changed their penalty taker. Former West Ham man Kyel Reid stepped up on this occasion and beat Benfield.

Things then went from bad to worse for Salisbury as Josh Wakefield was given his marching orders in the latter stages. The former AFC Bournemouth youngster was shown red after an outburst at the match official.

Salisbury will look to get back to winning ways on Saturday, when they host Hayes & Yeading United at the Ray Mac (3pm).