Salisbury’s fine start to the season continued as they saw off Bracknell Town 2-0 at the Ray Mac Stadium.

There was just one change made to Brian Dutton’s starting lineup; Jamar Smith picked up a knock in the warm-up, with Aaron McCreadie coming in to replace him.

It was a game that was fairly slow to get started with neither side able to really test the opposition keeper inside the first 15 minutes; weak efforts from range by Salisbury’s Josh Hedges and McCreadie, the only thing either custodian had to deal with.

Bracknell were starting to get a good foothold in the game and on 17 minutes Salisbury had Charlie Gunson to thank for keeping the scores level; the midfielder doing brilliantly to clear a goal-bound header from off the line when Bracknell swung in a dangerous corner.

As the half went on Bracknell looked the more likely to break the deadlock and on 35 minutes Kameron English came narrowly close to an opener but his acrobatic effort went just wide of the post following a good move down the left.

Five minutes before half time the visitors came close again, this time Liam Ferdinand shooting narrowly wide from distance and the Whites would have been happy to get in at half time still level.

The second half saw a much different story; Salisbury coming out with great purpose and moving the ball around much quicker. They took the lead on 52 minutes when Noah Coppin tapped home a short corner routine that saw Gunson whip the ball into the back post with the young attacker perfectly placed to capitalise.

Salisbury were looking really dangerous now with Coppin having two further efforts at goal in the next five minutes.

Firstly keeper Michael Eacott made a good save when he cut inside before the Bracknell defence were just able to block the ball behind when yet again Coppin came in off the left-hand side.

Salisbury continued to dominate possession and a good spell of passing on 66 minutes ended with Ryan Penny putting a shot narrowly wide from the edge of the area before two minutes later the Whites doubled their lead.

Gunson again floating the ball to the back post where Coppin doubled his tally with a fine header into the back of the net. Further chances arrived for the home side with Dan Fitchett and Hedges both seeing shots saved by Eacott and it wasn’t until the 85th minute that Bracknell had their first real chance of the half.

Ferdinand came forward and when the ball bounced up nicely for him he thundered a 25-yard effort that crashed into the crossbar and behind for a goal kick, and Salisbury were able to see out the remaining minutes without alarm for another 3 points at home.

The Whites are in midweek action this week as they travel to Sholing FC on Tuesday for a 7:45 pm kick-off.