LAVERSTOCK and Ford's unbeaten run of 2018 came to an end at the hands of high flying Andover New Street in an action packed Friday night fixture.

Lavvy playing their third game in six days following their win on the island and draw with league leaders Christchurch on Tuesday started the brightest.

Russ Jones caused havoc from the first whistle and inside 10 minutes put his side ahead.

Jones had the ball in the net 10 minutes later but a late flag denied him a double.

Andover managed to get themselves into the game and on 22 minutes were level.

A hopeful long ball allowed Callum Sweeney ghosted through the home side and managed to slot home the equaliser.

The game was turned on its head on 35 minutes, Gunner Yates hopeful cross was inadvertently turned into his own net by Charlie Rayfield to leave the home side trailing at the break for the second time in two games.

Laverstock yet again came out firing and put their visitors under pressure and on 57 minutes were level, as Max Allen turning in a Tom Mundy corner.

Laverstock were on the up and when Chae Sykes was hauled down in the box it looked as though they'd have the chance to take the lead, but much to the surprise of the majority of supporters the referee decided to wave play on.

Still looking the more likely to take the lead Laverstock would soon be hit with a hammer blow.

On the hour mark, Andover regained the lead a 25-yard effort from Luke Neller which looped over Baxter in the home goal and within five minutes they extended their lead a slick move catching the hosts cold as Zach Neve netted.

With time running out, Lavvy threw everything they had at the visitors but when Finnigan was given his marching orders on 77 minutes things become almost impossible.

Yates was them deemed to have kicked out at Archie Lovegrove and he too was shown red. A late penalty claim was again waved away and Andover stood strong to see the result out.

Liam McConnell and Rob Lakeman said to the Journal Sport: "That result was a hammer blow. Perhaps a step too far with the week we've had three tough fixtures in six days was a challenge but after the draw against Christchurch we came into this in good confidence.

"The lads are shattered they know the way we let them into each half after starting both so strongly is not acceptable for us. We've missed a great opportunity, but we have five big games to go. We will take it a game at a time and lets see where we end up."

Next for Laverstock on Saturday is a trip to Totton and Eling and then on Tuesday they are away at Romsey.